Ackerman Autism Center
The UNLV Medicine Ackerman Autism Center provides clients and patients with a multidisciplinary team of physicians, psychologists, and speech and behavioral therapists, for a comprehensive diagnosis, treatment plan, follow-up care and support services.
The UNLV Medicine Ackerman Center for Autism and Neurodevelopment Solutions combines cutting-edge diagnostics, treatment, behavioral/vocational training, support programs, and education for infants to young adults, all in one outpatient setting.
Ensure every infant, child, adolescent and young adult with autism and neurodevelopmental challenges has access to a medical home that provides high quality, multi-specialty diagnostic, treatment, and intervention services.
- Diagnostic teams in developmental pediatrics, genetics, neuropsychology, speech
- Pediatric primary care for families with children with autism and neurodevelopmental challenges
- Medication management
- Care management, psychological follow-up services, and social service navigation for every family
- Individualized behavioral programs and services
- The Early Start Denver Model and Social Skills and vocational training for children, teens and young adults
- Parental education and support groups
- Sibling support groups and activities
- Volunteer opportunities and training
Click here to hear child neuropsychologist Dr. Julie Beasley talk about the latest method of therapy UNLV Medicine doctors are incorporating for young children with autism.